3.12.2012

an ano-what? (Review of the Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Anorak)

Went for a run this past weekend (and plan on having a lot more to say about that) up on the Appalachian Trail between Route 501, north of Bethel, and Route 183.  I ran North-to-South on the 9.5 mile "out" and then came back to where I'd started.  I had hoped to go further and run longer but my phone/alarm clock struggled with the "spring forward" required of it and either botched its task or (as I choose to believe) kindly decided to just let me sleep in.  That trimmed a good 2 hours off of the time I had to be out on the trail.

Anyway, while I was out, I decided on a whim to shoot a snippet of video about the Mountain Hardwear Ghost Whisperer Anorak that I was wearing AND have been wearing on just about every run I've taken the last couple of weeks.  The pullover is brand new for Spring '12 but I've been seeing it here and there on Montrail athletes for many months.  Long story short, I've been coveting it and sometimes when this is the case, I end up disappointed with the product once I put hands on it.  Not so with the Ghost Whisperer.

The video is not very comprehensive and gave me a chance to catch my breath as much as anything before continuing on my way, but I kinda like how it turned out.  I shot it on my point-and-shoot and had made up my mind that I was going to do no more that put the camera on my little tripod, hit "play" and see what happened.

One take and done.  If it didn't work, no harm done, off I'd go.

Like I said, I kinda like how it turned out.

Humor me on the beard primping/fluffing...it's a bad habit.


So, this was a test run (ha, ha) as much as anything and you can watch or not watch as you see fit.  If you are intrigued, I'd be remiss to not mention that we sell the jacket at my place of work, Backcountry Edge.

"And how, Leon, might we get there?"  Glad you asked.


"Screw you, salesman, I just want to know more about the jacket!"

Got it.  You can visit http://www.mountainhardwear.com/ if you'd prefer to hear directly from the manufacturer.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got running to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment