3.25.2012

recovery.

I'm not sure I've learned a single thing about performance over the years.

With yesterday's debacle all too fresh in my mind (and apparent in the ache of my feet), it's certainly hard to believe that I have.  I do know, however, that post-race recovery is of utmost importance...for the head as much as the body.

Which is why I just had a hearty recovery breakfast at Lil's diner.


As soon as I walked through the door, I inhaled the sweet smell of a good old fashioned kitchen hard at work.  I wasn't going anywhere near that pork chop, or whatever it was, but at least it smelled welcoming.


First things first, I needed a good stiff cup of coffee and a look around the room revealed that I wasn't the only one feeling that same need.


Once the caffeine kicked in, I was ready to see a menu.  After looking over the offerings (which seemed strangely to consist solely of page after page of green eggs and ham), I decided to see if I could order "off" of the menu.

A glimpse into the kitchen had me hungry for fries.


The waitress took my order...


...and soon returned with appetizers.


While I waited for the main course, I checked out the jukebox.


The veggie burger, tofu dog and fries (hidden beneath Lily's signature flower petal garnish) sure hit the spot even if they were accompanied by a long, black hair.  Allowing that there was some minor chance it belonged to me, I decided not to bring it to the attention of the waitress.


I passed along compliments to the chef who emerged from the kitchen to acknowledge my thanks and pose for the camera.


I'm still not quite sure what I paid for the meal, but by the time I settled the bill, I was feeling much improved and am positive it was worth every penny.


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Its amazing what children can do for the sole. And the mind. And the heart. And evidently the belly!

    ReplyDelete